4.17.2006

Empty coffee cup, part two


The one thing that has been somewhat consistent about the milk crate's interaction with the city at large has been the fact that strangers often remove the garbage from the milk crate before I get the chance to. (Don't believe me? You clearly haven't been reading regularly. See the following for proof: "Back in black!" "And who will clean the milk crates?" comments to "Looks like garbage but it feels like..." and "New gifts for 2006!")

With this trend in mind, I thought nothing of it when an empty coffee cup landed, mouth down, on the post to which the bike gets locked. "It'll disappear soon enough," I thought, "there's no need for me to pick it up and throw it out."

I could not have been more wrong. Just take a look at the photo. There's the empty coffee cup. It's been hanging out for several weeks now. Other bikes have come and gone, garbage day has come and gone, but it's proving to be a stubborn loiterer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home